What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file that is stored harmless in your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of a cookie lies in enabling the website to remember your visit next time you browse that page.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, a Trojan, a worm, spam, spyware or a pop-up window.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card details or bank account information, photographs, your identity card or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, personalised content, etc.
The web server does not identify you as a person. In fact, if you usually browse with Internet Explorer and try browsing the same website with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the website does not realise that you are the same person because it really is partnering with the browser, not with the person.
What kind of cookies are there?
- Technical Cookies: these are the most basic type and, among other things, can recognise when you are navigating as a human or as an automated application, when it is an anonymous user or a registered user that navigates, and allow the basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Analytical Cookies: they collect information on the type of navigation that is being performed, the most used sections, reference numbers, time slot of use, language, etc.
- Advertising Cookies: they show advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are own and third-party cookies?
- Own cookies are those cookies which are generated by the page you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are those cookies generated by internal or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc..
What happens if I disable cookies?
To understand the extent of what may happen if you were to disable cookies, here is a list of examples. If you disabled cookies…
- you would not be able to share content from that page on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- the website would not adapt content to your personal preferences, as it often happens in online stores.
- you would not be able to access your personal area of the web, such as My Account, My profile or My orders.
- you would not be able to shop online as it would be impossible to make purchases online. The only option left would be to call or visit the actual store on site.
- it would not be possible to customise your geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- the website would not perform web analytics on visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- you would not be able to blog, upload photos, post comments, value or rate content. The website would not be able to know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
Can I delete cookies?
Yes, you can. Not only can you remove them, but you can also block them, in general or at a particular level, to a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website, you should go to your browser settings and there you will find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Cookie settings for the most popular browsers
Cookies used on this website
We uses technical, personalization and analysis cookies, its own and those of third parties, which in no case treat personal data, but capture browsing habits for statistical purposes.
- Google Analytics: stores cookies to compile statistics on traffic and the number of visits to this website. By using this website, you are consenting to the processing of data about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this regard must be done so by communicating directly with Google.
- Social Networks: every social network uses its own cookies for you to click on buttons of the type I like or Share.
If you wish you can disable Google Analytics tracking through this browser add-on offered by Google.
More information about cookies
Thanks you for consenting to accept cookies. This helps us obtain more accurate data which, in turn, allow us to improve the content and layout of our website and applications to better suit your preferences.
Integration with the rest of legal pages
We hope that this Cookies Policy has helped you.
Last update: May 25, 2018